Verification of current residency must be established with the Recreation and Parks Department prior to registering online. This can be done in person at 3800 Veterans Memorial Drive during regular business hours by completing Verification of Residency Form and dropping it off with current verification of residency (copy of utility bill, check, drivers license, etc.). Or you may create an account online . Once we have received this information and verified your residency with the Franklin County Auditor 's website, then we email you a user name and password so that you can take advantage of registering online.
Registration for Spring and Summer Programs and Camps
The plus sign in the left column under Programs and Activities is a drop down listing of classes, camps, programs and activities for all ages.
Enjoy the company of friends in the lounge, relax with a good book, surf the net in the library or shoot some pool. Or if you are looking for other opportunities to mingle with friends, check out the additional information about regular programs, activities and trips. The Phyllis A. Ernst Senior Center offers many special events, programs, and speakers.
- Fitness and Sports : Whatever you enjoy, we have something for you, including a golf, bocce, bowling and various exercise classes.
- Arts & Crafts: The Phyllis A. Ernst Senior Center has a wonderful craft room that is light and bright perfect for those who wish to create.
- Choir: This lively group performs at area nursing homes, retirement communities and local events.
- Line Dance: A great way to exercise and have fun!
- Friday Flicks : Enjoy a movie twice a month on our large screen television.
- Bible Study: Join this discussion in a small group setting.
- Game Night : Get together for snacks, cards, puzzles, games and other social activities.
- Games: Any day of the week you can find a game of Euchre, Bridge, Pinochle or Dominoes. Other days join us for Poker Keeno, Bingo and more.
- Corn Hole: Toss the bags for a morning of fun.
- w ii Bowling: Compete in tournaments or stop in to play just for fun!
- Bocce Ball: Pick up the equipment at the desk to play on the court behind the center.
- Computer Classes :The Phyllis A. Ernst Senior Center is equipped with 2 computers and a printer in the Library. Computer classes are offered at various times.
- Health Checks and Screenings: These services are available at the center through a partnership with various agencies. Services include flu and pneumonia vaccines, Mobile Mammography, hearing screenings, health fairs, lectures, visits from student nurses and more.
- Free Income Tax Preparation (offered by AARP): January- March this free sevice is available.
- Trips: Group travel is an excellent way to see the world! Join us on one day trips, overnight trips and even mystery trips!
- Special Events :There's always something going on that's worth marking your calendar for, themed lunches, events, speakers and more.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Assist in the kitchen, front desk or teach a class.
- Hilliard Park Cafe: Lunch is served Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.